A lot happened this past week. Here’s a recap:
1. Rolling Over! Charlotte rolled from her back to her tummy for the first time last Thursday (Dec. 5). She’s rolled from her tummy to her back, but not from her back to her tummy. Now she’s doing it all the time. She still needs to master rolling back onto her back, but it’s crazy how much she’s doing it now.
2. Charlotte’s done with physical therapy! We had our last session on Tuesday and they released us as she has made huge strides and now has a full range of motion both directions. Her right side still isn’t quite as strong as the left, so they told us to tilt her to the right when sitting with her to work on that, but we don’t have to go in again unless we see her starting to tilt/prefer one side again. The funny thing is that she rolls to her weak side, so I know that is helping her strengthen as well. So proud of my little girl. She’s got momma’s determination.
3. I got sick. This was the one thing I was dreading and hoping wouldn’t happen until Jed got back, but it did. I woke up with a sore throat and lots of congestion on Wednesday and went to the doctor. I had a sinus infection. Blah. They gave me a prescription for amoxicillin, which is safe to take while breastfeeding. I am feeling much better now, but the tiredness and feeling crappy for a couple of days was not fun. Luckily Charlotte is doing just fine.
4. We started dog training yesterday. My husband and I have always talked about this, but it was always put on the back burner. That changed when we had Charlotte and noticed that certain behaviors weren’t going to cut it anymore for us to live harmoniously. These are the main things we’re working on with them:
- Jumping. They are small, so they jump to get attention. This is very annoying and can be dangerous for little kids as they could push them down and also scare them.
- Barking. Tank especially loves to let us know when anything (and nothing) is going on around the house. The mail carrier and squirrels are his arch enemies.
- Excessive licking. Dora LOVES to lick. I wouldn’t have a problem with this if she didn’t have a bad backyard habit that we’re trying to break (I’m not saying anymore about that). So we’re working on the licking part since I would eventually like them to be able to play with Charlotte when she’s older.
When it gets warmer in the spring, we’ll also work on leash training with them as Tank constantly pulls when we go on walks.
We’ll see how it goes. I’m good at adding more things to my list than crossing them off. I have to work with them every day, and since we have two, I need to work with them individually since they distract each other. I know it will all be worth it in the end when I’m not afraid of them going nuts when someone’s at the door or constantly worrying about them jumping on people.
Hopefully this next week goes smoothly. We’re also very excited as Jed will be back home one week from today!