I cannot believe we are only a month away from meeting this little wiggle worm. It’s so exciting, but also a little nerve-wracking. There are so many things that I feel I still need to get done – some more important than others. But I also know this is the time to slow down and enjoy these last few weeks before our lives change forever, in the best way.
Right now I am trying to make a list of what we need to accomplish before her arrival. This is what it’s looking like right now:
To-Do List (In Order of Importance):
1. Find a pediatrician – we’ve met and interviewed at one place and have another appointment on July 15 to look at another. Hopefully after that we’ll be able to make a decision.
2. Install car seats.
3. Pack the hospital bag.
4. Practice working the stroller/carrier combo.
5. Pick up insurance forms so we can get those filled out as much as we can before hand. I know we have 30 days after her birth to submit, but I know time’s going to fly by and I don’t want to forget.
6. Pick up last little items for nursery. I need to get a few more items for organization in the drawers and on the shelf and then I think we’ll be set. We’re still looking for a mirror to put above the changing dresser, but I’m not too worried about having that before she arrives.
7. Find kitchen space for baby items – bottles, warmer, etc.
8. Clean/sterilize items such as clothes, blankets, breast pump, etc.
9. Work on baby book (attempting to make this myself).
10. Stock up on essentials. We usually hit up Costco once a month and I want to make sure the next time we go that we get all the little essentials we’ll need for a while so we don’t have to make small trips to get things.
Monday was a sad day here as it was the very last night fly for the F-16’s at the 132nd Fighter Wing here in Des Moines. I am really going to miss seeing them fly over and get that adrenaline rush when you hear them. I know I’ve said it multiple times before, but it’s really the end of a great era and one that many will miss. Here’s a video I took while we were out on the flight line.
On another note, my Aunt sent me the funniest shirt when she found out I was pregnant. I’m okay with waiting a little bit longer.
And the weekly update:
Currently: 35 weeks, 5 days
Countdown: 4 weeks, 2 days
Sesame’s Size: Still the size of a large cantaloupe – 19-22 in. and 6 lbs.
Cravings: Lucky Charms cereal and pretty much everything else. I am hungry all the time, but I can’t eat large meals, so I pretty much snack throughout the day.
Weight Gain: I don’t really feel like getting on the scale this week, so going to bypass this for now.
Sleep: My sunburn is much better now, but it is starting to get uncomfortable sleeping in general. Once I’m asleep, I’m fine, but trying to find a good position has been getting harder. So far I’ve only used an extra small pillow for back support, but I may need to add another pillow soon.
Mood: Super excited! I cannot wait to meet this little girl and see who she looks like and spend time together as a family.
Symptoms: I have to pee ALL THE TIME!!! She moves, I have to pee. I get up, I have to pee. I sit down, I have to pee. I can’t wait for this part of pregnancy to be over. My back hasn’t been too bad, but when it does ache, it comes on very quickly and is very sharp. It’s not my lower back, but kind of in the middle on my right side. Super annoying. My ribs are also a little sore – again, something I’m going to look forward to not having to deal with within a month’s time. Lastly, I’m starting to get more and more tired. I guess I should stock up on all the sleep I can get now!
Looking Forward To: Getting the house clean and organized and ready for her arrival.
Clothes: I need to go get nursing clothes, so will probably get that done in the next week since I’ll need to pack some for the hospital.
Misc. News: There’s not much to report now that we are sort of starting the waiting game. We are still finalizing her name, but I think we’re super close. And no, we are not going to be sharing it until she is born. It’s our little secret :). Good thing the dogs don’t know how to talk. My sister-in-law has also graciously agreed to take some maternity photos for us this weekend since we don’t really have any photos of Jed and I except from when we took some at the base with his jet. So I’m excited about that, but have no idea what I’m going to wear! Knock on wood, still no stretch marks!
That’s our 35 week update. Have a wonderful and safe 4th of July holiday!